For this week's Top Ten Tuesday, I share with you the things that make me instantly want to read a book.
- If it's written by Emily Henry. I enjoyed Book Lovers so much that I instantly bought Happy Place the day it came out.
- If the adaptation (movie or series) looks interesting. You know how sometimes you'll see a trailer for a movie, or an upcoming series and part of the trailer is a mention that it's based on a novel? Yeah, if that short of a clip catches my attention, it will be immediately added to my TBR.
- If I enjoyed the adaptation. I recently got into Shadow and Bone. I watched the first season without ever reading the books first. I'm usually a read-the-book-first kind of person, but I was bored one evening and I happened to decide on checking out the show. And well, here we are and about to start Six of Crows.
- If it's recommended by a co-worker. Being surrounded with bookish people who have different genre preferences is one of the many perks of working in a bookstore.
- If it's written by Alice Oseman. I already love Heartstopper before the adaptation came out. I fell in love with even more when I got to watch the Netflix series. I cried from start to finish. I have since been working through reading the "Oseman-verse".
- Achillean fiction / representation. I have a thing for MLM fiction. If a book has this, I am reading it.
- If it's getting a lot of hype online. I am very easily influenced. Haha!
- If my husband recommends it. My husband is not a very big reader, so when he recommends a book I make it a point to read it as soon as I can. This was how I was introduced to Orson Scott Card.
- For audiobooks: if I like the narrator. I have an unhealthy obsession with Kit Young. I am currently listening to The Rise of The School for Good and Evil just to hear his voice.
- If the summary of the book seems interesting to me. Remember when I mentioned I worked in a bookstore? Once in a while, when a book catches my attention, I read the summary and if it sounds interesting enough I either buy a copy or check our local library.
How about you? What are the things that make you instantly want to read a book?